Sunday, October 12, 2008

Oh! To Be Young And In Love...

2005, when I was 'struggling' to let go of a puppy love gone sour. There was this guy who I really liked and from our conversations, my shallow heart thought he felt something special for me too. But neither took a step forward. Until perhaps our hearts grew tired. I later read from his Friendster profile, comments from his supposedly girlfriend. So I was: Oh okay, he has somebody now. I had no right to protest so I didn't bother him anymore.

Ayun. Wala lang. =P Was just giving you some 'background' story for this poem I will be sharing. This is an excerpt since this is just the part I copied from a compilation book (I forgot its title) I borrowed from the USJ-R library, when I was still attending college there. This is from Carlomar Arcangel Daoana's "Preludes to a Sonata". This comforted me during those times heh. It's another favorite. =)

Here:


excerpt from "Preludes To A Sonata" by Carlomar Arcangel Daoana

Years later, I will once again find myself in this place,
In the safety of daylight. As expected, you will be away,
Together with the one you have chosen, a cigarette in your hand,
Your gray secluded eyes looking into his which is a form of analysis.
I will recall the words and their shells of ghost
Back from the brink of an instant already done with.
I shall write them down in my notebook.

And if I am fortunate enough, I may be able
To speak of you finally in the past tense.


Well you are past tense now, my dear! (We're good friends, though).

7 comments:

Lipstickaddict said...

Hi! Just droppin by your site ;) Thanks for following my blog I really appreciate that you like my posts. I also experienced being in love as young as 15 years old. Puppy love ika nga. But I've moved on and that's what's important. Focus on the present and prepare for the future > did I make sense? hehe

Cheeeryl said...

I have to follow your blog because I'm not so good at make-up and kikay stuff, so you'd be sure help. Hehe. "Focus on the present and prepare for the future"? That maybe cliche you said, but yes you made sense. =)

maxi said...

i wonder why it's always painful to let someone go. ganun talaga ang buhay! but i am glad to know that you are now friends with this guy. i hope one day you will be able to find the right person for you.

please do visit my blog, too at www.healthnbeyond.com or we can also exchange links!

Cheeeryl said...

@maxi: oh i didn't mention in this post that i already found "him". and sure, we can even follow each other blogs. =D

Niel Camhalla said...

I've met Carlomar Daona although I doubt he knows me. Friend sya ng partner ko.
:)

Cheeeryl said...

ows? ay introduce yourself nalang! =) and please tell him i adore his works.

Niel Camhalla said...

hehe. will do :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails